Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Blake's 1st Day of Kindergarten

We have a full-time kindergartner living in our house! Blake is off for his first official day of kindergarten today! Yesterday we got to go to his classroom to drop off his supplies and meet his teacher, Mrs. Gruber. Blake was excited to see that he has some friends from last year in his class, and also some new friends too! We had a "Cherry Berry" treat to kick-off the start to a successful year of learning! I got snapshot of Blake before school (see below) Do you think Randy and Blake had a conversation of what his future occupation should be? Hmmm... Blake enjoyed his traditional first day breakfast-- First Day French Toast-- but this year it is "5K Style!" Dropping him off at school went well-- no tears from anyone! Now that I am sitting here on this quiet afternoon as Marlee and Bennett are napping I am realizing just how QUIET it is without Blake here. He was usually the one here in the afternoons keeping me company. I have had moments of sadness rush over me knowing that my first-born is off to discover the world. I know it is time for him to spread his wings little-by-little, hopefully really little. :) I also know he is probably having an awesome first day, and we can't wait to hear about how it all went. I know he will be exhausted. I know that he is still by baby boy. I will post an after school picture soon. Here are some pictures from yesterday's Open House, and enjoying our treat! His favorite thing about his first day was--- Phy. Ed. class and seeing his friends. It was all smiles and surprisingly lots of energy as Blake got off the bus. A successful first day for sure!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

SO cute coming off that bus! Way to go, Blake (& Mom!).