Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Heaven's Windows


This morning Blake saw a picture of Randy's mom, Marlene. He asked who it was and I said, "That's Grandma Marlene. She is up in Heaven." Blake replied, "In Heaven with Jesus." I said, "Yes, in Heaven with Jesus." He then thought for a moment and asked, "Which room is Grandma Marlene in?" I was surprised by this question for I never really thought of Heaven that way, with a bunch of rooms, but a 2 1/2, almost 3 year old, can really have a unique and honest way of looking at things. I answered, "I don't know which room she is in. What room do you think she is in?" Blake said, "I think she is in the room with all of the windows." I asked, "Is she in the room with all of the windows so she can see us?" He said, "Yes, she is looking down at us." I almost teared up at his response.

I do think our loved ones are looking down at us, especially during these special times of year, like the birth of Jesus. We miss these loved ones every day, and we wish that we could also look through a "window" to see them. Merry Christmas, and if you are missing your loved one's this holiday season, know that they are looking at you through Heaven's windows!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How sweet, and special, is he! Merry Christmas :)

The Moravchik Family said...

What a beautiful post and a very amazing little man you are raising Mandi!!! I was tearing up!!