Friday, May 23, 2014

Trip to Seattle

I was fortunate to be able to take a long weekend trip out to Seattle, WA this past weekend. My dear friend, Karen, and I headed out to Washington to visit one of her long-time friends, Amy. We explored Pike's Place Market, ran the trails along the Puget Sound, and helped Amy prepare for the arrival of her baby to be born early August. Towards the end of our trip Karen and I also ran the Capital City Half Marathon in Olympia, WA. I had hopes of improving the time of my previous half marathon that I ran back in October in Ashland, WI. My time for that race was 1:32:24. Not only was I able to set a personal record during this half marathon in Olympia of a 1:27:58, but was also blessed to be the 1st female to finish! I was a little shocked that I was able to pull this off. It was an amazing atmosphere to run a race-- beautiful scenery and great support from the spectators. I would LOVE to be able to run this race again someday. It was relaxing to be able to get away with friends, do some shopping, eat delicious food, and run a race. It was also great to get home to the family!

No comments: