Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blake Sings . . . Bon Jovi?

It all started on our long drive to North Dakota for Christmas. Randy and I brought the cd's along, because once you get to the northern part of North Dakota there are not many radio stations. We put in the Bon Jovi cd, and Blake was hooked. His favorite songs are "Livin' On a Prayer" and "You Give Love a Bad Name" (I think that is the title).

Now Blake wants to hear Bon Jovi whenever we are driving in the car-- on our way to daycare, on our way to church, and on our way to get groceries. The other day I saw that Oprah was going to have Bon Jovi on. I set the DVR just in case he would happen to sing one of Blake's favorite songs. He did not disappoint. He sang "Livin' On a Prayer" and the next morning I showed it to Blake. It was a regular dance party in our house at 9 am!

Here is a video clip of Blake singing his 2 favorite songs. Notice his change in the lyrics-- "Livin' On a Prayer"--- 'take my hand and I"ll make it a square', and "You Give Love a Bad Name"-- 'Shot to the heart and your too late, you give love a bad name.'

Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hehe! LOVE it. I need to expand the musical taste of my kids now!